Phrase bar works with either audio files or acapela voices. For those who opt for Acapela voices (an InApp purchase), Phrase bar will work with both audio files and Acapela voices! How does that work?
The phrase bar always requires TEXT the 'Text' field of any cell that you want to be included in the Phrase bar. Without text, there is nothing to display in the phrase bar.
For those with Acapela voices:
- If the cell contains an audio file it will, phrase mode will play the audio file.
- If the cell does not have an audio file attached, it will read the text using your Acapela TTS voice.
- Combinations of cells with digital and TTS can be included in your phrase.
What if I did not purchase the Acapela voices?
Phrase bar still works, using the recorded audio files in each cell.
Does that mean I can't use the standard text to speech in Phrase mode?
You can use the standard text to speech with phrase mode, but you will do that in author mode. The steps are as follows:
- Edit / Select the cell / Sound / Text-To-Speech / Enter your TTS word or phrase / Tap 'OK'
- Now add text because every cell included in phrase mode MUST have text. Edit / Select cell / Text / type your text / 'Done' (see Keyboard at right)
- Go to view mode and tap that cell. The text will be moved to the phrase bar and the voice will be our standard adult female tts voice.
- You are actually moving a TTS sound file to the phrase bar.
Can I use TTS in User mode with the '?' in the cell?
Yes. When you enter a lone '?' in the text field, and that cell becomes a TTS field for the user. If your user has the cognitive ability to type what they want to say you can use the '?' TTS process. It won't be added to the phrase bar, just played individually.
Please sign in to leave a comment.