In early November of 2013 we launched ‘Preview’ functionality for Workspace Family, showing 2 simple use cases. Recall that ‘Preview’ was primarily built for laptop or desktops to simulate mobile devices. In this support article we will show you how to launch preview, then begin to add examples how to use it. We start with a teacher from Denmark who brought her class to life with MyTalk, Preview and a Smart board.
From Workspace - Select 'Preview' from the menu bar.
- Notice in this example we chose 'Browser' in the top box. Selecting 'Browser' formats preview to fill the screen, instead of appearing like the devices. Experiment with the formatting selections
- At the bottom of the dialogue box select 'Preview'
This is how it appears on your screen - and the cells are active
The cell below comes from the 'Talk with Friends' board. Notice that zoom is selected.
Integrating AAC into the classroom using Preview
Mette Bluhme, a teacher in Denmark taught us how Workspace Preview and Smart Boards brought her class to life.
Imagine a class room of kids with their own iPads and content, plus common boards including curriculum, class room and school activities. Now imagine one child standing in front of the class with the Smart Board. They are all looking at the same content, a curriculum board. The child leading the class is touching the Smart Board answering questions while others are tapping their devices. It is electric. This is classroom integration. Quoting Mette, “Suddenly they are all part of the class, just like other children.” Connect your computer with the Smart Board, then launch Preview from Workspace. Below Mette shows you how simple it is. She is using the old version of Preview.
- Special thanks to Mette who spoke in English for this video instead of her native Danish
- At the end of the 30 second video, if you listen closely you can hear the sound associated with the cell.
- After watching the 30 second click this link to see Mette's class on TV2 Denmark.
We would love to share your ideas about using Preview
Please sign in to leave a comment.