I have a Multi-Board account. How can I bring another MyTalk User's content into your Professional version?
This would happen after your client purchases mobile and trials Workspace for 30 days. After trialing Workspace your client family decides that they don't need Workspace and will let you do all of the Workspace editing. You will now bring that individual account with full access to Mobile Authoring and Workspace, in to your Workspace account. Be sure that the end-user family has will not use their Workspace account going forward. With that understanding, import them into your professional account.
When you bring in that user's content to your Multi-Board account, you have become the owner of the account.
Any updates to their original account will not update their boards within your Multi-Board account.
Also remember that updates to their boards on your Multi-Board account will not update their original account.
So why would you do this?
A family started with a MyTalk account, but has decided that board management really belongs in the hands of a professional
You have trial versions of MyTalk that were being tested by individuals. The team has decided that they like MyTalk and want to continue using it, but they are content to have you manage the account. They should purchase MyTalk Mobile from the App Store if using Lite. They can upgrade to Acapela voices if they want sophisticated TTS. The Acapela update should be done on their device using their iTunes account, just like the purchase of MyTalkTools Mobile should be on their device using their iTunes account. But they will not purchase a Workspace account because they will be using yours.
In this example I am adding my son's User Name, mtp1 to my Professional Account, user name mtp2
1. Create a new cell on your home board. In the text for that cell enter the exact User Name of the other MyTalk customer that you will be importing into your MyTalk Pro.
2. Create a child board below that cell on the home board. Only one cell is needed on the child board, so just 'Add a child cell'
3. Go to any mobile device and go to Settings. You are not opening MyTalk but opening 'Settings' on your i-Device
4. Scroll down to MyTalk and Tap to open MyTalk Settings. Notice Below the 'Default Username is your Master User name.
5. Now tap 'Board Name'. Enter the text of your newly created cell. It is the user name (Board Name) of your new client.
6. Now Close 'Settings' by depressing your i-device home button (round hardware button with the white square) at bottom front of your i-Device.
7. Now Open MyTalk on your hand-held device. In the example below it has opened to the prior client's board set .
8. Now login to Author Mode USING YOUR User Name AND PASSWORD. (your Master Username)
9. Do a sync / overwrite device / Yes -
10. When this sync completes your i-device will be blank. It is showing you the child cell that you added below the mtp1 cell you created in Workspace.
11. Now Sync / Overwrite From Sample
12. In the 'Enter Sample Name' box, add the Username of your new client.
- be careful of the automatic capitalization of the first letter!
- Hit the OK button that is right below the 'x'.
- Now wait. You will see the files being moved. The length of time will depend on the volume in the board set.
13. Success on your hand-held device. You will soon see the content for that user.
14. Back to Workspace - You will see no change, just the empty child cell that you created.
15. Hit your Browser's refresh icon. You will then have the correct content on Workspace.
Remember this is not your home board. Above this mtp1 board, one of your user's, you will find the real home board which is now acting as your directory, whenever you are in Workspace.
That's adding an existing MyTalk User to your professional account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.