These instructions assume you have already synced your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. If this is the first time, follow Apple's video instructions here.
There are two ways to get MyTalk Mobile—download it directly to your handheld or download it to your computer and sync to the handheld. We recommend downloading directly.
Option 1: Download directly with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad via a wireless (Wi-Fi or 3G) Internet connection. This is the fastest, easiest method.
1. On the mobile device, select the blue App Store icon. This is not to be confused with the aqua Apple Store icon with the shopping cart. Do not see the App Store icon? Swipe your handheld's touchscreen left and right with your index finger to see if It is on another page.
2. Tap Search.
3. Type “MyTalktools" (no spaces in MyTalk) into the search field. Be sure that “MyTalktools” is a single word. (Using iPad images to demonstrate)
4. Choose from iPhone or iPad apps and select MyTalk Mobile or MyTalk Mobile Lite.
A different screen will appear with one or both versions of MyTalk Mobile. Select the one you want.
5. To Purchase MyTalk Mobile, tap the price, then Buy Now. You will need your iTunes account information to complete the purchase. For MyTalk Mobile Lite, perform the equivalent steps. (switched to iPhone images for the next image illustrations)
Can you see MyTalk Mobile on your device? If not, swipe right and left to see if it is on another page.
Option 2: Download MyTalk Mobile to your computer, then sync your device to copy it:
1. Open the iTunes application on your computer.
2. Go to the iTunes Store
3. Enter “MyTalk Mobile” in the field in the upper-right corner to search iTunes store. Be sure to type “MyTalk Tools” with no spaces in MyTalk
4. These two apps should appear:
5. Select the version you would like by clicking the $49.99 BUY or FREE button.
6. You will be prompted to sign in to the iTunes Store. Enter your Apple ID and Password, and select “Get”. Don’t see the iTunes Store login? Make sure you pressed either the grey $49.99 BUY or FREE button, and not the MyTalk icon.
7. Accept Terms and Conditions, then select Continue.
8. At the top of iTunes, you should see MyTalk downloading.
9. Confirm your download by selecting Apps on the left, under Library. If you do not see a MyTalk app icon like the one below, repeat the steps above.
10. Load the app onto the mobile device by syncing with iTunes. Connect your device to your computer with the white cable that came with it. Your device may take a few minutes to appear within iTunes and sync.
11. Select your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad under Devices.
13. Select the Applications tab at the top main iTunes window, and make sure both boxes are checked, as in the image below.
14. Select the Sync (or 'Apply') button at the lower right portion of the iTunes screen.
Problems? Watch this Apple video.
15. Can you see the MyTalk software on your mobile device? If not, swipe left and right with your index finger to see if it is on another page.