Because our goal is to change the world, and you have the power to do it.
As a support professional entitled to no cost access to MyTalk, please take a few minutes to read and understand the steps. The MyTalk Tool Set (MyTalkTools 'Mobile' and MyTalkTools 'Workspace') can be the right solution for many people, situations and circumstances. MyTalk's web based board building tool called 'Workspace' also known as 'Workspace Family' is provided to individuals in the support community for evaluations and demonstration use. We believe that individuals in the professional support community need to know and understand new 'applications' to make educated and appropriate evaluations and recommendations. And we recognize that it is not reasonable to expect you to buy every piece of software that appears in the market place. Our hope and expectation is that you will devote some time and energy to learn how to use MyTalk and transition end users to the paid version when they engage.
MyTalk Tools 'Mobile' is available on the App Store, but wait, start with MyTalk Mobile Lite:
The full-featured version of MyTalkTools 'Mobile' is $99.99 on the App Store. Our MyTalkTools 'Mobile Lite' version remains free to everyone. We suggest everyone, including professional users start with 'Mobile Lite'. The combination of free 'Mobile Lite' and our gift of 'Workspace Family' to professionals (details below) turns the combination into a highly functional tool set at no cost. We hope you will eventually purchase 'Mobile' and 'Workspace Pro' as many professionals have done. But we also have professionals world-wide still using the free tool set while they and their end-users work with paid versions of Mobile, and Workspace Family funded by families, schools and other funding sources.
'MyTalkTools Mobile Lite' is a free download from the App Store and contains most of the functionality of 'MyTalkTools Mobile', but is limited to 20 cells (aka bricks, buttons). This cell limitation applies when creating boards (programming) on the hand-held device using 'Mobile Lite' authoring capabilities. Please read through this entire document to learn how to work around the cell limit.
Acapela voices optional 'In App' purchase of 'Advanced Text To Speech'.
- The paid version, 'MyTalkTools Mobile' allows the option to upgrade to Acapela voices, resident on the device. Professionals using Lite should use recorded human voice until the time they upgrade to the Mobile paid version.
- Mobile Lite will not offer the In App purchase of Acapela voices.
MyTalkTools 'Workspace Family' a web based board building tool at no cost:
To compensate for the cell count limitation of 'Mobile Lite', you and other Support Professionals are granted no-cost access to our web based board building tool 'Workspace Family'. With 'Workspace Family' build an unlimited number of boards, then sync all of your Workspace boards to 'Mobile Lite' on your iDevice, overriding the 20 cell limit. You will not be able to use the 'Add New Board', 'Add New Row' or 'Add New Column' features when programming in the 'Mobile Lite' app due to having exceeded the 20 cell cap. But you can always go back to Workspace Family to add boards, rows, or columns. Some professionals add blank cells and boards in Workspace Family to have them available in Mobile Lite.
Workspace Family Accounts-Need more information?
Workspace is our optional web based board building tool with incredible power and functionality. With drag and drop board building and access to any content on your computer, storage devices, and the web, plus the convenience of full size keyboards and screens, Workspace enables remote board building, keeping the device in the hands of the end user. Syncing also assures backup for all of the boards eliminating the risk of losing your work.
Workspace Family accounts are the companion tool that we provide to Support Professionals for personal use at no cost enabling quality demonstrations to patients, students, clients and family members. Because we grant you free access to Workspace Family for evaluations and demonstration end user families can try before they buy, making informed decisions and reducing the likelihood of abandonment.
Where does MyTalk fit when compared with other software and internationally?
In English speaking countries you will find that we serve a very different audience the Proloquo2Go. Sometimes we serve the same audience, not as an AAC device, but using MyTalk's other capabilities including digital recorded human voice and video capabilities for articulation and other modeling activities. We think their software is great, we applaud their accomplishments, and we wish them continued success because they too are serving many in our community. But we believe every English speaking institution should be offering both MyTalk and P2G because P2G does not serve every member of the community. We serve a very large portion of the community that don't do well with P2G and there is very little overlap, in our view.
MyTalk is also an international solution with recorded voice making MyTalk a solution in any language. Our Mobile programming commands come in 9 languages based on the language set in your ios settings, and our Workspace can be used in most languages based on your computers home language settings.
MyTalk is much more than an AAC solution. When you get to know our product you will begin understand it's value in curriculum delivery, whole school inclusion, speech modeling including video for homework carryover activities and much more. Don't be limited in your thinking about MyTalk. We are much more than AAC.
Under what conditions does MyTalk grant free access to Workspace Family version for Support Community professionals?
We are happy to provide our solution to you, as described, at no cost for you to learn and demonstrate. Our simple conditions are:
1. Watch all of the tutorial videos.
2. Review the Forums and Knowledge base including pdf and PowerPoint tutorials.
3. Transition end users to the paid version: When MyTalk becomes a solution for an end user, they should be transitioned from the Support Professional's demonstration version to a paid version funded by the family or the appropriate funding source. MyTalkTools Mobile should be purchased at the point when an end user engages.
Institutions do not qualify for the free Workspace Family account. No Cost access to 'Workspace Family' is granted to individuals personally and the content they develop belongs to them personally, not their place of employment. At the point Workspace Professional (or Family) is purchased for the professional by the institution, software and content ownership transfers to the institution. But the professional can still share their portfolio of work with their free account, providing a win/win for institution and professional.
4. Personalize demonstrations with End User Personal content: We encourage professionals to demonstrate to end users by including end user personal content. Human voice and personal content encourages engagement. Then transfer personalized content to the end user's purchased version of MyTalk Mobile using Sync from Sample, or any of our easy sharing functions. Once transferred, clear the end user's personal content from your account in preparation for the next demonstration.
5. Replace Free Workspace Family with Institution purchased Workspace Professional: Once an institution (employing or associated with the Support Professional) recognizes the value of MyTalk as a viable solution within their institution, they should purchase the MyTalk Family version for 'end users', where appropriate, and MyTalk Professional version for their staff.
6. Mobile Software purchases for each device: Individuals and families with personal iTunes accounts can share software. Review App Store rules. In accordance with Apple's rules for non-personal use, MyTalk Mobile software should be purchased for each individual i-Device, in institutional use. MyTalkTools does participate in the volume purchase program for education offering a 50% discount for purchases of 20.
The Workspace Family account provided at no cost to individual Support Professionals follows the individual if they change employment or institutional association. Workspace Family or Workspace Professional accounts funded by an institution, stay with the institution, including content.
The AT team, working with SLP's, OT's, PT's and Special Educators are the appropriate leads, but must be trained. In an effort to assist with that training, we provide Tutorial Videos and a Knowledge Base covering the key elements of MyTalk. This Link will take you to Mobile Authoring.
To learn how to update Settings and to build boards using Workspace we suggest you go to our
Once there open as a PDF or a Word document and search for Settings or Workspace, then explore.
How do I get Workspace at no cost?
If you are a Support Professional and would like no-cost access to Workspace, please visit the announcements section in our support site: